Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WHAT I HAD FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT

Last night Lauren and I cooked a ridiculously good dinner!  I hobbled my way out the back door into a chair next to our grill to set up shop.  Lauren brought everything out to me and I was responsible for grilling.

Grilled Salmon w/ portobella mushrooms, bell peppers, and Brussels sprouts!

I cut and steamed the Brussels sprouts while Lauren was on her way home from work.  This part isn't necessary, but B. sprouts are so thick/dense that it is difficult to cook them all the way through either on the grill or in the oven without pre-steaming.  It doesn't take long, so it's no big deal.

We had a teriyaki marinade for the salmon, some balsamic vinegar on the portobellas, and various seasonings on the B. sprouts.

Throw everything on the grill...flip the salmon, bell peppers, and portobellas every 4 minutes hitting each side twice, and just sort of stir around the B. sprouts to make sure every angle gets a little attention from the flame.  Not difficult at all, but incredibly delicious!

Tonight??  I'll give you one guess.  Here's a clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment