Wednesday, October 21, 2009

IT'S GO TIME!

It's 9:15 pm the night before my surgery.  I'm gonna do a little more reading before I actually go to bed, but otherwise it's just about GO-TIME!

I want to thank everyone for the phone calls, e-mails, and text messages wishing me good luck (even you Jordon...you bastard!).  I'll be getting up at 5:00 am tomorrow morning, which is actually the easy part.  I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything before the surgery tomorrow, which will be the real struggle!  I have to be there at 5:45 am, and my surgery will start around 7:00 am.  I hope Dr. Muller has his morning coffee and that he brings his A-game!

Also, I'll be documenting a few things along the way.  First, I decided that I won't shave or get a haircut for my entire rehab.  Here is what I look like tonight (Day 0):



The hair is pretty much already longer than it ever has been, so this will get interesting.  I am allowed to shave my neard, though (that's neck-beard for the uneducated).

Secondly, I'll be tracking my weight as I expect to lose approximately 20 hard-earned pounds (mostly on my legs).  I'm not going to weigh tonight because I just feasted on some scallops, buffalo, and chicken.  The first official weigh-in will be tomorrow morning when I wake up.

Since I will be home for the next 10 days, be sure to check back often as I will likely get VERY bored.  Boredom = Great blog posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment