Friday, October 23, 2009

RECOVERY - DAY 2

My first night of sleep is now under my belt, although it wasn't that great.  I was hoping the pain meds would just knock me out, but no such luck.  I did have to take a leak 4 times though, which wasn't fun.  Try standing on one leg next time you're taking a leak and let me know what you think.


pre-op

Lauren, Jan, and I just got done eating dinner and it was ridiculous!  Venison pot roast with Brussels sprouts, carrots, celery, onions, and new potatoes.  Holy cow it was so good I'm considering doing this whole hip surgery thing again (actually I'll be doing it again with or without the venison...damn).

Today was a pretty good day.  I wasn't really in any pain, it was just annoying walking around on crutches all day.  The weather was incredible this afternoon (sunny and in the 60's) so I had Lauren make me a pallet out on the grass in the front yard and I just grabbed a book and read for about 2 hours.  It had been a while since I had seen natural light, so this was fantastic.



getting ready for surgery

I think I'm gonna try taking a shower tonight.  I'm starting to smell a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment