Sunday, October 25, 2009

RECOVERY - DAY 4

A couple of milestones today...

First and most importantly, I got my first post-surgery workout in!!  It felt good to move and sweat again, although I feel like my "fitness" has digressed so much already.  I wasn't able to do much, but it looked like this:

POWER
A1  Med ball throws (lying horizontally, throwing vertically) - 4 x 4
A2  Side-lying external rotations - 3 x 10 (shoulder prehab stuff)

STRENGTH
B1  Dips (using a 20 lb. weight vest) - 4 x 15
B2  Chest-supported rows - 4 x 10

CONDITIONING
Airdyne intervals 10 x 15 sec (15 sec rest)...arms only!

That was it.  It didn't take very long, and although it felt good, I was left wanting more.  Oh well, in time I guess.

As for the chest-supported row, that's the latest addition to the SHOP (see pic below).  I obviously knew that I would be off of my feet for a while, so this provided a great option for some back work.  Plus, Craigslist is a freakin' goldmine!  One man's junk is another man's treasure.  I got a sweet deal.



The second milestone was less important, but a milestone nonetheless.  After my shower, I took my bandages off...for good.  Now there's just 3 stitches, 1 for each porthole.  Those are coming out a week from tomorrow.

I haven't figured out what I'm gonna do tomorrow for a workout, but it will most likely include some more Airdyne intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment