Sunday, January 24, 2010

RUNNING UPDATE

It's been about 10 days since I started running, so I thought an update was in order...

I have run 6 times in 10 days, starting at just 5 minutes at a very slow pace.  I increased the time steadily to about 12 minutes over the course of 4 runs (while staying at about the same pace).  Last night I decided to keep the time at approximately 12 minutes, but I broke the run down into 4 800m runs (not full sprints, but definitely a faster pace than I was running).  I managed to run each 800m in about 3:18 with a 1 min rest in between, which translates into a 6:36 min/mile pace.  Not too shabby for taking 4 months off from running.

Today I am going to add in some easy work on the agility ladder.  There will be some change of direction and foot movement, but nothing drastic or that fast/quick.  I really just want to get my feet moving in various directions without stressing my hip too much.

1 comment: