Monday, January 18, 2010

MONDAY MORNING SHOP WORK

I have the day off from work today, so what better to do than get some work done in the SHOP (I would've done work in the SHOP anyway even if I had to work).

I started a new 4 week cycle of my program today, which really just means that I'm switching up a few exercises in an effort to maintain progress and avoid plateaus.

Here's what I did today:

POWER
A  Behind-the-Back Clap Pushups (clapping behind the back just means you have to explode higher off the ground)



STRENGTH
B1  Weighted Decline Pushups



B2  One-Legged Squats (I progressed to full ROM on my right leg!!)

C1  One-Arm DB Press
C2  Slideboard Lunges (technically I'm not using a slideboard, but it accomplishes the same thing.  These are great for my hip because there is no impact from landing on your foot to lunge and I get to go through a nice, long ROM)




FINISHER
D  Farmer's Walks (I just loaded up my DB's to 105 lbs and carried them back and forth in the alley.  I would go until I was just about to drop the weights, then rest for a minute and do another set.  Great exercise for grip strength since the best way to hold something heavy is to practice holding heavy things)

Later this afternoon I'm going to get some conditioning done on the Airdyne.  Since I still can't sprint or do burpees, there's nothing quite like some intervals on the Airdyne to make you tired as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment