Thursday, December 31, 2009

THE APOCALYPSE MAY BE NEAR...

Lauren and I were just eating breakfast and we were watching Sportscenter (or maybe I was watching), and then the following commercial came on:

TACO BELL'S DRIVE-THRU DIET


I literally almost choked on my broccoli and smoked turkey scramble made with eggs from pastured hens!

It was also kind of eery given that today is New Year's Eve...could the apocalypse occur tonight at midnight??

Obviously I did the first thing that anybody would do after seeing a commercial like that...I googled it!  Turns out this isn't really a "diet" that Taco Bell is selling.  Rather it's just a new section of their menu that they claim is healthy for you (IT'S NOT).  The "Drive-Thru Diet" is just a catchy title that they are using.

This new Fresco Menu is actually just a reduced calorie option from their regular menu, but they still use the same shitty ingredients (white flour tortillas, poor quality beef, etc.).  In fact, even in their disclaimer at the bottom of the menu website they state "Not a low calorie food."  So, while it is reduced from their regular menu, it was not reduced enough to use the phrase "Low Calorie."

I guess the lesson here is that "A lot of calories" is still less than "A shit-ton of calories."

No comments:

Post a Comment