Monday, December 28, 2009

WHAT I'M WATCHING...

Lauren and I have come to Pensacola for Christmas and New Year's for about the last 5 years (ever since we've been married).  Every year I finish up my book list with a strong showing, and start the new year off strong as well.  In the 8 or 9 days that we typically spend here, I can usually finish 3 books AT LEAST!

This year, I'm taking a slightly different approach.  I'm definitely killing the books, but I brought along some DVD's as well.  It's a set called "The Functional Strength Coach" by Mike Boyle (one of the most highly respected strength coaches in the business, and he always puts out good stuff).  I read his first book, Functional Training for Sports, a little while ago, and he recently released another book that is on my list, Advances in Functional Training.


Anyway, back to the DVD's....  I'm actually watching version 2.0 which was released a little while ago, and he just released version 3.0 (which I also bought).



So far the DVD's have been great, and they're actually making me even more anxious to get back to full training.  I have so many ideas that I want to try, in addition to practically re-working my entire training methodology!

I'll do a more thorough review after I've gone through the whole set.  Also, I just finished watching The Big Lebowski here with Lauren and her sister and husband.  It's probably been 6 years or more since I last saw it, but it was just as funny as I remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment