Sunday, November 22, 2009

SKILL SESSIONS

First, I've fallen behind a little in my blog posting, but I should've updated it on Thursday November 19th.  Thursday was the first day in 4 weeks where I walked.  I know, it doesn't sound exceptional in any way, but when you've been on crutches for 4 weeks, it's kind of a big deal!!  I told Lauren that if I ever take anything for granted again I should be shot!

Now onto my regularly scheduled blog post.  There are about a hundred various goals that I have (or have at least thought of) in my training, however I usually don't get around to most of them unless they are one of my big primary goals.  Now that I have some extra time to spend in the SHOP, I decided to work on two in particular:  the muscle up and handstands.  Both of these skills require a certain degree of strength, but technique and other components (such as balance) play a much greater role.  Practice is the best way to accomplish them.

As of Friday night, I can scratch one of those off my list (in terms of accomplishing, however I will continue to do both of them).  Here is some footage of a muscle up:



The first one looks pretty good, but the second one was quite a struggle.  Now that I can do them, I will work on doing more of them in succession.

As for handstands, I'll keep practicing.

1 comment:

  1. Strict Muscleup!?!?!?!? You are a MANIMAL! I was thinking at first....how is he gonna kip with that wall?....I need no kip he responded...haha. Congrats buddy!

    ReplyDelete