Thursday, November 12, 2009

GETTING IT DONE

Since my hip surgery, a lot of people have been asking me if I am still training or just "enjoying the time off."  If I was taking time off, I would be hating every minute of it.  Fortunately I have come up with ways to simply work around my (temporary) limitations, and in fact I am still making some nice gains on certain lifts (pullups, weighted dips, handstand pushups, rows, grip training, etc.).  I've even started mixing in some work for my left leg (the good leg), such as DB RDL's and single-leg squats.

So to answer the question, of course I'm still training!!  You just gotta get it done.

Here was my routine this morning:

POWER
A1  Lying Med Ball Chest Pass (thankfully the SHOP has high ceilings)
A2  Scapular Wall Slides (for shoulder health)

MAX STRENGTH
B1  T-Bar Rows
B2  DB RDL's

C1  Weighted Dips (bodyweight plus 100 lb. weight vest
C2  Single-Leg Squats (left leg only)

D  Neutral-Grip Pullups (using Eagle Loops...to train the hands and grip)

Here is some footage of this morning's session, and feel free to laugh at the fact that I have to hop around on one leg to get around the SHOP:

Weighted Dips


It's much harder to get a heavy weight vest on with only one good leg!

Single-Leg Squats


I finished up my session with a short ride on the Airdyne (arms only).  You can see the Airdyne in the foreground of the above videos.

I'll post another blog this weekend to show some other examples of how I've been getting it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment