Monday, November 2, 2009

RECOVERY - DAY 12

It's about time I did a beard update:


Beard - Day 12

I had my first follow-up appointment with the doctor today, and he decided to leave my stitches in for another week to let the portholes fully heal (no big deal).

Today was also my first day of rehab.  I met with the PT and we went over everything from when I first started noticing problems in my hip to the first doctor's appointment all the way to the present.  He did a few minor ROM tests on my hip (flexion to 90 degrees, abduction to 20 degrees) and I had no problem meeting those.  All that means is that flexibility does not need to be improved over the next few weeks...I'm already past where I need to be.  After that, we focused on a few isometric exercises to try to stave off muscle atrophy in my leg.  Put a soccer ball between your knees while laying down (knees bent to 90 degrees) and squeeze for 5 seconds and then release.  Repeat for 2 minutes.  Then, same position, but with a strap around my knees and try to spread my knees for 5 seconds and then release.  Repeat for 2 minutes.

That's it.  I can do them as often as I want, but not really anything else until my leg is ready for load-bearing activities.  Not very exciting, I know.

Since this was kinda short, maybe I'll cap it off with a "WHAT I HAD FOR DINNER" post...

Tonight Lauren and I enjoyed a glass of Ravenwood's Red Zinfandel (don't bother looking it up...it was an "affordable" wine, but very good nonetheless) with turkey tenderloin, grilled eggplant topped with raw feta cheese and grilled okra.  One word...RIDICULOUS.

I guess that was kinda short too...

Oh well, now I'm off to do some of my exercises and then hit the sack.


No comments:

Post a Comment