Sunday, January 9, 2011

A SNOWY SUNDAY IN THE SHOP

REMINDER:  The SHOP has moved!  www.shop-training.com!

It has been snowing non-stop for about the last 3-4 hours!  This is unheard of here in Dallas…although it happened last year too (record snowfall at that).  I don’t think this happened in the previous five years at all!

I had plans to take my Prowler up to JJ Pearce high school with a few buddies…the rain and snow put a stop to that idea though.

prowler

It has been a while since I busted the Prowler out due to holidays and traveling and such, but it’ll be back!

Anyway, the snow may have changed my plans, but I was still able to get a solid training session in.  Today was a heavy focus on soft tissue work (foam rolling, lacrosse ball), flexibility and mobility (primarily hips for me), core work, and finally some conditioning.  It looked like this:

CORE

Turkish Get Ups

Using the TGU as a warm up and mobility drill
2 reps with a 50 lb. DB
1 rep with a 70 lb. KB

Standing Ab Wheel Rollouts w/ Weight Vest (20 lbs.)

6 reps with a 20 lb. weight vest

CONDITIONING

KB Swings x 12

Burpees x 10

Rest 1 minute

Repeat for a total of 5 rounds

1 round of the KB swings/burpee conditioning

 

I can’t think of a better way to spend a cold Sunday morning!  Especially since I followed it up with a pumpkin protein shake, a coffee, and some venison roast that I smoked yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment