Sunday, August 8, 2010

SATURDAY IN THE SHOP

It's been a while since I did a training update, so now seems to be as good a time as any!  I didn't start working out yesterday until about 3:00pm, so it was nice and toasty in The SHOP (probably 102 degrees outside and very comparable inside my garage).  Oh well, I had two fans blasting on me and plenty of fluids so I was fine.

Yesterday was a strength day that went something like this:

WARM-UP
Foam Rolling
Static Stretching
Mobility Drills and Activation work (namely the glutes)

STRENGTH
A Bulgarian Split Squats - 185 x 6, 6, 6, 6 (each leg)

B1 Sandbag Shouldering - 6, 6, 6, 6 (I'm guessing my sandbag is about 150 lbs or so)

B2 T-Bar Row - 90 x 12, 12, 12, 12
C1 Band Hip Abduction - Mini band x 17, 17, 17 (more glute work and hip strengthening)
C2 Pullups - 13, 10, 9

D Band Rows - Black Band x 10, 10, 10

For my post-workout recovery I had a gigantic shake and then a dip in our neighbor's pool!  It feels so good to jump in the pool after a workout, especially when it is over 100 degrees outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment