Friday, August 6, 2010

LOADING BODYWEIGHT MOVEMENTS

In previous posts I've talked about the need to progress bodyweight movements by using more difficult variations (1-arm pushups instead of regular pushups, 1-leg squats instead of regular squats, etc.).  Of course when I say "the need" I am assuming that someone who is training in the first place is looking to actually improve.  If you don't progress, why the heck are you training?

Anyway, those were a few examples of how you could progress those movements without any extra equipment.  However, if you happen to have a fully-loaded SHOP like I do, you can simply perform the movements with added resistance like a weight vest!!

1-LEG SQUATS W/ WEIGHT VEST (45 LBS)


PUSHUPS W/ WEIGHT VEST (75 LBS)
Feet elevated and hands on blocks for greater ROM


I love the weight vest, and it can be added to virtually any movement:  pushups, squats, pullups, dips, lunges, etc.

I'm not saying anybody needs to go out and buy one, but for those who may be interested this is probably the best place to look:

WEIGHT VEST

And no I will not receive any commission if you go there, I'm just really happy with the product I have from them so I wanted to share the love!

And yes, I did shave my head!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! In the first video it's actually a 2-guard, but later that night I took it even closer using a beard trimmer. I like the close shave.

    ReplyDelete