Sunday, May 23, 2010

FAMILY FUN AT THE TRACK

Yeah you read that right, today is Sunday, and for fun Lauren and I went up to the track to spend some quality time together (and by "quality time" I mean we busted our asses running 800m intervals).

After a thorough warm-up including foam rolling, stretching, and mobility drills for the hips, we headed up to the track.  We spent about 15 minutes on the agility ladder performing various drills to get the blood flowing and to prepare for the more strenuous work we were about to do.

The workout for today was 4 x 800m.  We ran them separately, so while I was running Lauren was resting and vice versa.  Since our times were comparable, our work:rest ratio was right at 1:1 (I'll detail the times below, but is was basically 2:30 of work followed by 2:30 of rest).

Here were our times:

DREW
Sprint #1 - 2:25
Sprint #2 - 2:32
Sprint #3 - 2:34
Sprint #4 - 2:33

I was going to punish myself with some burpees if my 4th sprint wasn't faster than my 3rd...I barely made it!!

LAUREN
Sprint #1 - 2:29
Sprint #2 - 2:34
Sprint #3 - 2:33
Sprint #4 - 2:33

Lauren managed to improve her time from #2 to #3 and then maintained it for #4, so she was exempt from burpee punishment as well.

It was a solid workout, we were both completely spent by the end of it (there was a terrible head-wind on the home-stretch that really made us push), and it was sunny and not too hot (about 85 degrees).

No comments:

Post a Comment