Sunday, April 11, 2010

100 BURPEE CHALLENGE

Since my hip surgery, or I should say since the successful completion of my rehab, I've been incorporating quite a bit of conditioning work (anaerobic conditioning...I'm not a huge fan of steady-state cardio).  I decided to set a baseline on Friday (April 9th) from which to gauge my progress.

The baseline workout:  The 100 Burpee Challenge!

It's pretty simple...do 100 burpees as fast as possible.  Rest as needed, drink water as needed, but just get 'em done!

I wasn't sure what to expect from my baseline time since I haven't done the 100 Burpee Challenge since sometime before my surgery (it's been at least 6 months).  But I didn't really care either, because that is the whole point behind setting a baseline.  Just figure out where you are at a given time, then work to improve.

Here's the proof:


The breakdown:

In my opening set I got 30, which I was pretty pleased with.  I tried to keep rest in between sets to about 30 seconds.  The rest of my sets went like this:  20, 15, 15, 10, 10.  So the whole thing was 30, 20, 15, 15, 10, 10 and I shortened the rest before the last set to only 15 seconds since the end was within reach.

Total Time:  7:15 (this was actually a PR by 35 seconds!!)  I am very pleased with the time, and best of all, immediately after I was done I thought of a few places where I can shave off a little bit of time!  I think I'll retest this coming Friday to see if I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment